Dye Sublimation Fabric Graphics
In the exhibition and event industry we are seeing a big switch to the use of textiles for graphic solutions over the traditional rigid board and vinyl applications.
There are a number of compelling reasons for using textiles in place of other roll media and even rigid boards. Depending on the application, textiles may be chosen because of the ease of transportation, especially as it is cheaper and more robust than either rolls of PVC or large boards.
Fabric graphics are being used for pretty much every type of wide-format printing, including exhibition graphics, point-of-sale, advertising, event graphics and interiors. Within those applications textiles can be used for freestanding, wall-mounted and suspended displays; for frontlit and backlit; and for opaque and translucent graphics.
The main advantages of choosing dye sublimation graphics include the following:
1. Extremely robust non scuff print finish.
2. Vibrant colours unequalled by any other printing process
3. Easily transportable - can be folded, unlike all other printed fabrics which need to be rolled
4. Can be washed and ironed
5. Suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications
6. Suitable for flag printing as there is good penetration of colour through the fabric
7. Polyester has good all-round green properties including its recyclability